Search This Blog

Friday, January 8, 2010

Life's little uh-ohs


Today was a snow day here in the mountains. About 2" of the white fluffy stuff fell at my house. Just enough to close the schools, pack the grocery stores and cause havoc on side roads. Gotta love those snow days!

Okay, so everyone knows by now that I hate cold weather but I am a mother and my youngest daughter loves the snow, so I got swindled into going out by a cute 10 year old with big, blue eyes. It all started last night...


My husband arrived home from work and got more excited about the snow that was falling than the kids did. He decided he wanted to go out and have some fun in it AND he wanted not only the kids but me to join him. Me, the must-be-near-a-heater at all times, me. Anyway, last night, he was unsuccessful at getting me out of my cozy little house into the frigid outdoors, so he came up with his own fun wih the kids. Let's just say it involved the kids, a 4-wheeler and a clothes basket. No way was I going for that, so he settled for just the 4-wheeler and the dotting 10 year old girl that loves going out in it as much as he does.

Upon their return, my daughter made me feel guilty (by accident I'm sure) about not being a part of their fun so I promised to go out with her the following day. It seemed so far off at the time but it all came so suddenly this morning. I had to head outside in 14 degree temperatures to "play" in the snow.

I bundled in my layers, to where only my nose was showing. We headed out with a skim board in hand to try out the hill. It was actually a lot of fun. On about the third attempt to gracefully place my 36 year old body on the skim board, it happened. I ripped my pants.

Yep! It wasn't just a little tiny tear either. It turns out the "old" jeans that I had picked out to play outside in were a whole lot older than I thought.

It all happened so quickly. The sound...then...the bone piercing cold that I felt crawl up my thigh. (And keep in mind- we live on a highway). I "gracefully" headed inside with my rear to the house as my husband and children pointed and laughed.

I knew I should have kept my hinny inside. At least then it would have been warm and whole lot more personal.

Oh well, at least my daughter got me outside, in the snow; and in the process she got a good laugh too.

No comments:

Post a Comment