Search This Blog

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Just a Thought... no more Procrastination!


Okay... so I have gotten a lot of requests from my friends (possibly enemies too that enjoy reading about my not so great days) to keep Just a Thought going. I logged into my account and saw that my last post was made on March 2nd! Wow! If this had been a Webkinz that needed fed- well, mine would have been long gone!

So much has happened in my life over the last few months. As you can see by my last few entries, I started a newspaper. Sadly, now it is closed.

This was so hard for me to accept. The reason it was so hard for me is because I know what my paper could have been a year from now if I could have held on. The reader support and small business support I got was beyond belief. The problem was, I couldn't get the "big money" advertisers to go with me. Why? I don't know. I do know that banks I have banked with since I was eighteen years old and that my family has used for generations, wouldn't give my endeavors the time of day. This was a major issue being that it costs about $2000 per week to keep a paper in business and I was only taking in about $500 per week, the last few weeks.

Well, enough about that. Now on to since then.

I am currently at home. My oldest daughter is expecting the first baby to come into our home in more than a decade. A little girl. She is expected the first week in August. I am so excited. At first, it was hard admitting that I was going to be a Nana, Mimzi or whatever she calls me, at the ripe old age of 36, but I have learned to love the idea. I think it will be neat to take her out places and others will never suspect me of being a granny. She will have an eleven year old aunt. How cool will that be? Not to mention, my sisters will be great aunts while in their thirties. When I think of Great Aunts, I think of my Aunt Roberta. Trust me, my sisters aren't anything like Aunt Roberta. They don't bag up pennies in sandwich bags tied tight with rubber bands or anything.

I think Just a Thought may just continue after all. I mean, if it weren't for this form of therapy, I might just end up paying for the real thing. Love to you all and I will keep you posted regularly.
Love and Blessings,
Becky : )

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you have started this back up!!! I have missed it, more than you know...you are AWESOME Becky!!! I love reading ANYTHING you write...so I am excited!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are writing again. I enjoy your columns.

    ReplyDelete